Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chapter a Day- rides on

Attention readers, aspiring authors, and curious agents:

As my faithful readers are aware, I have started a chapter a day writing challenge in which I crank out a single chapter per week day for six weeks. Recently, I upped the ante by adding to that challenge- one agent contact per day.

As this escapade gains momentum, I feel I need to set up a basic tally of my writing exploits to date, so here it goes:

Complete Manuscripts: 3
     Message In A Bottle (Crime drama)
     Contagion Protocol (Zombie horror)
     The SALAGIA Chronicles: Luxuria (Horror series)

Agent submissions: 34 (only five are less than a month old)
     15 for Message In A Bottle
     15 for Contagion Protocol
     04 for The SALAGIA Chronicles: Luxuria

Publishing House Submissions: 1
     Contagion Protocol

Gula- my new manuscript and the sequel to Luxuria, is the story I write a chapter a day on. Today, I finished chapter 12.

Of the thirty queries I sent out previous to this writing challenge, I have received 9 responses, all of which were naturally rejections.

I hope this track record will stand as a benchmark and this challenge will provide you with useful information, whether you are an aspiring author as I or a curious agent, seeking an eyeglass into the other side of the field; or just an amused reader, eager to heckle a guy's unyielding battle for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment