Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chapter A Day - Observations

Here I am, on day 14 of my "Chapter A Day" writing challenge. I know it's day 14 because I'm on chapter 14; convenient, ain't it.

As you faithful readers know, I've spiced up the writing challenge with an agent query touch. Every day, I am to query any one of my three books to an agent. In this area, I've had a couple observations, which I will share with you now:

1) When an agent boasts that she is prompt, the last thing I USED TO expect was a rejection letter in under twelve hours (much less, THREE).

2) If you cannot find an agent's company easily with a Google search, be wary.

3) If you try going to a literary agency's website and you get redirected to the Wordpress homepage, worry.

4) I ran across an agent that requested queries by e-mail only. When I clicked on their e-mail link, it was slushpile@[domain name].com- SLUSH PILE! This felt like a trap to me....


 Aside of that; this challenge has been a piece of cake. Big, fat, rejection flavored cake.

Until I write a gain....

No comments:

Post a Comment