Thursday, May 31, 2012

About deadlines.

So, as my faithful readers know, I am trying to write a chapter a day for 6 weeks. This boils down to one chapter for every weekday totaling 30 chapters. Well, last week, I ran into a huge SNAFU and shorted myself two days of writing.
This week, the holiday put me off and work put me off and so on.
This sounds bad and I am obviously falling behind. FAR behind. Tonight, I should have finished chapter 24 but just barely polished off number 18.

As I said, this sounds bad, but I've learned something interesting through this experience.
How to deal with deadlines. I know that, in the writing world, there will be times when you must achieve a specific quota to be successful and this challenge has put me in the mindset of having to complete a set amount of material in a specific period of time.

I'm not promising that I can complete this challenge but I am promising that I'll do my damnedest to make it. Now I need to stack on a few chapters so I can still win this fight.
Until next time-

No comments:

Post a Comment