Sunday, May 17, 2009

Barnacle

Thanks to good living and semi-regular exercise, illness seldom befalls on me and mine. The need for a pharmacist still does not escape my family, however; and I occasionally find myself lined up for a fix from my local pill pusher. With that said, like the rest of the cattle waiting slaughter, I am standing in the rope chute, being herded to the front of the line. This line is not completely unpleasant as most of the cattle are minding their own business and are very content with their role in the universe.
We are all lulled into a zone of content boredom by the never too invasive elevator music showering down from the serenely painted ceiling and I am standing at the end of the herd, amusing myself with fantastical stories for each person ahead of me when my safety bubble is abruptly and callously invaded by a static presence behind me. The attack was unnoticed initially until it welled into a vocal mosquito buzzing across the back of my head and irritating my ear.
The voice of a pretty young woman became consistently more present as I realized she was engaged in a dramatic conversation with, by the direction of the conversation, was a newly acquired lover or at least very close friend that seemed to offer physical benefits.
"So I just found out that my monthly check has been cut," says the voice.
Filled with concern, the male object questions, "You aren't going to be kicked out are you? Do you have somewhere to go?" sweet.
The gears had not yet clicked into place for me by this time and I was still occupying my time by filling the void in the lives of the people ahead of me when the feminine voice reassures her partner, "I don't have to worry about getting kicked out. All they will do is lower my rent. Its based on what I make and because I'm not working, they will base rent from that. Its pretty cool because they don't count my welfare check or the child support so I can pretty much live there for free."
WHAT?! I don't care to eavesdrop but I couldn't believe what this girl just blurted out and, more importantly, I was astounded by what seemed to be a sense of pride in her cleverness at scamming the system and her lack of guilt of basically robbing from everyone around her!
The sickening part is that she went on; bragging about making no money, not working for a living, getting hand outs from every angle and not having to worry about paying any of it back! Her male companion also seemed to get more impressed as she continued, like the secrets of the universe were being set out at his feet and neither of the two were very quiet with their elation over this momentous discovery! The holy grail was a yard sale trinket compared to the inexhaustible source of funds that one could carve from the government money tree and these gold diggers were carving through the bark like termites!
My veins were lava tubes, aching to erupt. I could feel the pressure building in my head and was slightly nervous that steam might be rolling from my ear vents. How could these people?! There are families that could honestly use the resources these two are squandering away! Honest people with legitimate problems were suffering because they didn't want to sink so low as to take such sympathetic hand-outs and these two are chewing through the government green faster than locusts in a field!
With blinding speed, their conversation went from free money to partying and drugs...DRUGS! These imbeciles were using my tax dollars to pay for their dope! The man, knowing that his new partner was easier catch than goldfish at the pet store began to suggest plans for later where the two of them could be alone to explore the boundaries of illicit chemicals and each other's body, even jokingly asking if the pharmacy handed out free samples!
At some point, he invaded her territory and she took an offish stance in the conversation, using her assumedly newborn child as an excuse by not having a babysitter. This offended the primitive male and with slight chest pounding, he protested to her plights by insisting, "...just have your mom watch the kid."
To this, her response was simply, "You don't know how hard it is to be a single parent." This coming from a parasite that just openly and proudly admitted that she has been given every hand out known to the system; a rodent who is in line to get free medication that would cost any of the rest of us a good chunk of money; a barnacle that, because of the lack of employment, has nothing but FREE time on her hands to consume as much illegal drugs as she can obtain...and she is complaining about the difficulties of responsibility? Will someone please pinch me? This cannot be real!
I have made it to the front of the line, amazingly without invoking violence. I can't take it anymore, I have to know what a tax sucking vampire truly looks like so I turn my head slightly while her boyfriend is off rummaging through the donut case, eating whatever he can touch and there before me stands a young girl, possibly in her early twenties. Her radiant blond hair is up and well taken care of, just off the shoulders that help hold her elegant sweater. Even her magnificently manicured nails hint at high class and well-to-do. Her face was framed like a portrait with glorious hues of dazzle and sparkle. From head to toe, this creature was covered in money and posh. In fact, the fashion was nearly enough to hide the flabby gut that stuck out over the pants from a lack of exercise or motivation and crude stance and mannerisms that seemed to crawl straight out of the sewers and make a home inside a worthless pile of flesh.
I was brimming with a sense of outrage and to pound the final nail into the coffin was the enormous tattoo that was emblazoned across the entire right hemisphere of her neck meat! Don't get me wrong, I love tattoos. I have many myself and would love to get more but for this worm to not even try being a productive member of society and then have the audacity to adorn herself in a cultural branding that used to rely on pride and self worth and therefore prove the stereotype that most of society has of tattooed people as scum? To say this was an outrage would be akin to saying a couple people died in World War II. My instinct was strangulation.
This is one of those moments in a life that will affect the entire future. Murder or silence. Which is more rewarding?
I walked out of the store without wearing handcuffs for three reasons and three reasons only; my children.
As I was ready to lunge at her and her drug induced male tumor, I thought about what put these cretins where they are and I wondered if killing these two, though beneficial to society, would be detrimental to the positive life of my children. Maybe if my children had to visit Daddy in jail every other Tuesday, they would also place themselves in the position of filth and my actions which could have rid the world of two more life consuming bacteria would have inadvertantly created three more. This couldn't be allowed to happen so, with shaking fists, I summoned my willpower and left...before I could take no more.

This blog is 100% true. I included only the exact dialogue that I remembered in order to preserve the intelligence level of these despicable people. Sadly, these two are not exceptions to the rule of welfare recipients and, though many use these benefits properly (for which, I harbor no ill will) a great deal of the people on welfare today are "career" welfare recipients. Is this what we have turned into as a 'proud' country? Is this something you want to allow to happen? This cycle not only continues with your inaction but it grows...just like the plague it is! Get active in your community or in local politics! These are YOUR dollars these people are spending on drugs and irresponsibility! YOU are supporting drug abuse, child neglect and broken homes if you stand idly by and watch this travesty continue!
I believe it was Andrew Jackson that said, "One man with courage makes a majority."

No comments:

Post a Comment